Webber carbs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Webber carbs
From: Jim Barbuscia <jim.barbuscia@West.Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 17:26:38 -0700 (PDT)
 Hi All,

 I'm about to embark on an engine rebuild for my TR6 and was thinking about
adding more punch to the car. I'm already adding a cam and exhaust system and
would like to add a tripple webber setup.
 My question is I still need my lowend response (1500/1800rpm and up) so what
can I expect from adding these carbs?
 I hear tripple webbers are useless under 2k rpm is this true?
 I am fairly good at jetting but what I need to know is a good starting point
as well as some info. on how well these carbs behave with moderate temp. and
altitiude changes.

 Details:

 The cam is 410 lift 280 dur. and I'll be adding a monza freeflow exhaust with
headers.
 alt. is sealevel to 1k ft.
 Temp. 60 to 80 deg.

 Thanks (as always!)