TR-6 Semi-metallic brake pads

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR-6 Semi-metallic brake pads
From: Joseph Burlein <josephb@aftac.gov>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 20:38:19 -0400 (EDT)
Hello all,

I am having a bit of a problem installing a new set of pads on the 6.  I
got the rotors turned and attempted to install the new pads, no go, won't
fit.  Put the old ones back on and they just barely slide onto the disk.
I tried the manual trick of opening the bleed valve whilst pressing in
the cylinders.  They moved a little but not nearly enough.  Is there
something I am missing here?  How far should the cynlinders push back
into the calipers?  Any tricks here.  It sure wasn't this tough when I
did the Mustangs brakes!

Joe Burlein
72 TR-6
Melbourne, FL