Frozen slave cylinder, TR4

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Frozen slave cylinder, TR4
From: Zempel David <Zempel_David@spmm.lmms.lmco.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 13:18:13 -0700
I can't seem to be able to separate the piston from the casing on my TR4's
rear brake slave cylinder.  I've coaxed it, yanked on it, attached vice-grips
on it and hammered on it.  Soaked it in brake cleaner, brake fluid, Chem-tool.
  And then beat on it some more.  I tapped on the piston and it has retreated
further into it's hole.  This is alot like trying to get a hermit crab out of
its shell.
There is a blank at the opposite end of the cylinder that is fixed in place by
tabs.  Can this be used to drive the piston out?  My guess is no. That it sits
on a shoulder inside.
Please if you can tell me how to get the frozen piston out without destroying
it, post the info and be so kind as to e-mail me also.  I only have time to
read the postings about once a week.

Thanks, Dave Zempel
david.zempel@lmco.com
'63 TR4 Surreytop