Re: felt on gas tank

To: gambony@hotmail.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: felt on gas tank
From: Bristol7@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 23:41:47 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-18 19:05:12 EDT, gambony@hotmail.com writes:

<< Richar, Andy,

 In addition to the strip on the front of the gas tank, the MkIV/1500s
 also had two strips of, well, almost a cocoa fiberish carpet backing
 material, about 3/8" thick, 2 inches wide and 8-10 inches long on the
 back side.

 One of the downsides to getting a tank cleaned/coated is that they
 usually come back with the strips either missing or damaged beyond
 repair.

 Jim >>

If you're hurting for a replacement, try purchasing some foam matting (like
the
soft foam mats used under a sleeping bag when camping), cut to size and
thickness and adhere to the tank with weather-proof adhesive. I used it on my

TR-6 tank after cleaning the muck out, and I have had no complaints yet.
It'll
most likely last longer than the felt. Best Regards, Kirk Yonker

P.S. As a bonus, the matting is great for laying on a stone-cold garage floor
when you're to cheap to buy a creeper....like me. K.Y.