Re: TR3 advice - a plan

To: "Don Sforza" <dsforza@megahits.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR3 advice - a plan
From: ron botting <rcb2@istar.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 06:58:40 -0700
Well Derek, is this of any use ?
I'm at about step 56 on my current project.

# = Item Number , Est = Labour Estimate

rgds
ron

#       1957 TR3A - RSTR        Est.    #               Est.

1       Power Wash & Clean      32      51      Strip Front Tub 16
2       Engine Check & Start    24      52      Re & Re Battery Box     8
3       Remove Front Wings      8       53      Re & Re Sheet Metal Front Tub
Left      8
4       Remove Rear Wings       8       54      Re & Re Sheet Metal Front Tub
Right     8
5       Remove Front Apron      4       55      Mount Front Tub 8
6       Remove Floors   16
7       Remove Rockers  4       56      Fabricate Inner Rockers 16
8       Remove Dash     4               57      Mount Inner Rockers     10
9       Remove Front Tub        4       58      Strip & Prime Rear Clip 16
10      Remove Rear Tub 4       59      Mount Rear Clip 8
        11      Tear Down Front Susupension     16
12      Tear Down Rear Axle     8       60      Mount Floors    16
13      Tear Down Steering      4
14      Strip Frame     8               61      Re & Re Sheet Metal Rear
Quarter Left   16
15      Clean Frame     8               62      Re & Re Sheet Metal Rear
Quarter Right  16
16      Repair Frame    16              63      Re & Re Rear Panel Left 8
17      Paint Frame     32              64      Re & Re Rear Panel Right
8
18      Paint Front Suspension  16
19      Paint Rear Axle 8               65      Strip FL Wing   8
20      Assble Spring Pans 4            66      Strip FR Wing   8
21      Mount Shocks    2               67      Strip Hood      8
22      Paint Wires     8               68      Strip Apron     8
23      Pull Axles      4
24      Rear End Re & Re        4       69      Strip & Prime RL Wing   8
25      Assemble Rear End       4       70      Strip & Prime RR Wing   8
26      Mount Tires     2               71      Strip & Prime Boot      8
27      Sand Blast Manifold     2       72      Strip & Prime Rear Boot Panel
8
28      Sand Blast Oil Pan      2
29      Prime & Paint Oil Pan 2 73      Outer Rockers   16

30      Re & Re Rear Shocks     2       74      Strip & Prime Doors     16
31      Paint Rear Shocks       2       75      Mount Doors     8
32      Mount Rear Shocks       2
                                        76      Re & Re Dash    32
33      Re & Re Drive Shaft     2       77      Wiring  16
34      Paint Drive Shaft       1
                                        78      Interior        8
35      Check Main Bearings     0.5     79      Carpet  8
36      Change Oil Seal 0.5     80      Re & Re Seats   16
37      Paint Block     2               81      Re & Re Seat Rails      4
38      Paint Head      1
39      Paint Engine Mounts     1

40      Re & Re Starter 1
41      Re & Re Generator & Brackets 2
42      Paint Water Pump. 1

43      Mount Clutch    1
44      Mount Tanny     1
45      Mount Engine    2

46      Re & Re Front Calipers  4
47      Re & Re Rear Brake Pistons      4
48      Re & Re Rear Brake Shoes        4

49      Re & Re Brake Lines Front       1
50      Re & Re Brake Lines Rear        2

51      Re & Re Steering Assembly       4

        Total = 299     +               350  = 649 Hrs

>Gee, Derek, that's easy... tear it apart, replace every part that even
"looks"
>worn out, and put it back together. Paint every little nook and cranney
>(especially the crannies), and polish all the brass and aluminum to a high
>sheen... don't forget to clear coat everything. Take every suggestion and
don't
>let the money stop you.
>
>In your spare time, hook up with a good divorce lawyer (preferably one
that can
>do a bankruptcy action as well)... you'll need it!
>
>"And to think, it all started with a tractor!"
>
>Don Sforza           dsforza@megahits.com                  KA1WV
>1963 TR4        Connecticut Triumph Register             CT16707L
>                         Southington, Connecticut

>> From: Matrix1643@aol.com
>> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
>> Subject: TR3 advice
>> Date: September 18, 1997 9:56 PM
>>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> This is just about my first time to actually post on the list, although
I've