SB42, still need your support!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SB42, still need your support!
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 07:09:21 -0700
The bill (SB42) just went to the Govenor at 2pm Sept 18th.  It still needs
your Faxes, letters, and phone calls.  We've come this far, don't let it
die now!  This is what I've sent to the office - feel free to copy and
fax-write SEND!!!
**************************************
Governor Pete Wilson
State Capitol Building
Sacramento, CA  95814

916/445-2841 (Phone)
916/445-4633 (Fax)

Governor Pete Wilson

Ref.: Bill SB42 ( Argument in favor)
Author Senator Quentin L. Kopp

This bill currently passed by both houses would provide relief from smog
inspection after 30 years instead of the current 1965 and older.
An age-based rating continuum of 30 years makes more sense than a
year-based date -- 1966 --particularly as the smog check program moves
forward.  Most cars over 30 years are considered classics and have minimal
to no impact on air quality.  Plus, it is becoming increasingly difficult
to obtain replacement parts for these older vehicles. The number of cars
over the age of 30 on our roads is really quite small and I feel the hobby
of car collecting is not only beneficial to California in terms of jobs,
but also provides a positive environment for teenagers and kids.

I urge you to support the passage of this bill

(your name address etc. here)
Don't take your beloved LBC off the road because you can't get it through a
program that your car was never designed to go through in the first place!
Remember, smog check II isn't in full swing yet -
Show your support!

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )