Re: Cam Info. (TR6)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cam Info. (TR6)
From: jhdavis6@juno.com (James H. Davis, Jr.)
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 11:10:09 -0400
Jim,
Did you purchase the cam from BPNW? The reground cam I received from them
had the overall lift about the same as my stock cam, but the ramp was
much steeper(meaning the valves would open later but quicker) and my
machinist told me I would be better off with the slightly worn cam that
came out of the car.
Good cam info seems in short supply out there. Seems folks can go on
endlessly about the merits or demerits of Miatas, but few have any good
advice about sources for TR6 camshafts.
Thanks Hugh McAleer, you were the only one who responded to my request
for a TR6 cam source.

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
'75 TR6  CF38690UO