Re: little red light

To: "Mike Mason" <mmason@lindenwood.edu>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: little red light
From: "Mark A. Erickson" <mlazye@northvalley.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 12:02:56 -0700
Back in 1957 I asked my dad what that "little red light" meant. His
response was "It's time to make a car payment". After having 12 TR's
myself, I found out that he did not lie to me.

The problem could be as simple as a loose fan belt. Alternator belts have
to be tighter then those used on a generator. One of the Diodes could be
out causing the alternator to function at a reduced capacity.

A simple trick to check if an alternator is the problem and not the
regulator (in a non-working situation) is to hold a small nail (or
something similar) to the back of the Alt. on the center or armature. If
the armature is magnetic then the problem is in the regulator. The engine
must be running of course.

Mark

P.S.
TR-6's are nice cars, but the thrill of rain in your face is gone. GOOD
LUCK!!