Little RED Light

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Little RED Light
From: "Brian W. Neuschwander" <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 18:06:09 -0700
Noticed same on our 79 Spit.  Crappy electrical system.  The light is in
a balance circuit between the battery and the Alt output.  When the alt
voltage is lower than bat voltage, the light comes on.  What is
happening is possibly unwanted leakage through devices or connections,
or low output from the alternator, or poor design of the system that
allows the light to slightly illuminate when operating normally, or all
of the above.  Take your choice.  My experience is that the car
continues to operate normally and indefinately even with the light on
(but so low it is only visible in the dark).

What IS a design defect is the low rating of the alternator.  It cannot
keep up with a day of hot weather driving with the electric fan on much
of the time in stop and go traffic.  The battery will drain.

My other two LBC's have the Bosch conversion.  Will do same to th 79
when I can conveniently dig one out of a Fiesta at the junk yard.

--
Brian W. Neuschwander
Beach City Gas Station