Little Red Light

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Little Red Light
From: "Mr. Michael D. Fatsi" <mdfatsi@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 10:38:42 -0400
I had a similar problem a year or so back, dduring a period when I was
using my TR-6 as a daily commuter car for a 70 mile roundtrip. One
evening the little red warning light came on while I was driving home.
All ignition functions seemed to be working properly however, and the
alternator belt was sufficently tight. I had my alternator checked out
and it was discovered that an internal diode connection was loose, it
was repaired, the red light went out, and I have been on the same
alternator since. In my case the warning light worked properly and gave
me advance warning of impending problem. Goodluck.
-MF