Pray fer me...

To: Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Pray fer me...
From: Bruce Krobusek <BruceKro@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 20:54:27 -0400
(Now that the digests are flowing again...)

Listers:

Proving a complete lack of sanity and common sense, the wife
and I have added another LBC to the garage. Last week, we
went to pick up (and trailer back) a 1973 Stag MkII for her. She
willingly booted her Honda Accord out of the garage and into
the (soon-to-be) cold, cruel world. The car sat semi-neglected
for the past eight years in a garage, but it was looked after
pretty much. Body and frame are solid, no obvious rust, paint
is okay (Mallard), interior (Saddle Tan) is great except for
carpets. Came with a hardtop (PO vinyl covered!! Yikes!) and
soft top (very yellowed rear window). Areas of concern: original
twin SUs swapped with a Buick carb (I got the originals though)
and the cooling system. The latter will hopefully be addressed
in the next few weeks. It does run, though, albeit with not as
much grunt and go as my TR6.

Why a Stag? The wife wanted a car with an automatic (no
stick-shift glands), a little more room (it's a four seater and
she has small friends!), and she likes the looks of the car.
To be honest, it's growing on me too!  :-)

Anf those with more popular Triumphs should count your
blessings! Stag parts are not that plentiful on this side of
the pond. I have, however, found the Stag mail list and
the Northeastern US Triumph Stag Club. They've pointed
me to East Coast Jaguar (Delaware), SNG Barratt and
Rimmers (other side of pond).

So Mrs Peel (my TR6) has a roomie. Ought to be interesting...

     Bruce

      Bruce A. Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       brucekro@aol.com