Re: fiesta alternators...and other parts

To: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Subject: Re: fiesta alternators...and other parts
From: "Brian W. Neuschwander" <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 21:48:43 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dave-

The Fiesta actually had a SPANISH engine.  It was the last iteration of
the Kent motor.  Most were made in Spain of all places.  But, ya, we
will still call it English.  Supposedly, it is not as sturdy as the 711M
blocks that came from England and powered the Cortinas.  They were neat
little cars with the Autolite version of the Weber and the nice Kent
motor.  We still see a fair number in the junk yards here in No. Calif.
No rust on them, of course.  Probably just kills you.  These are thrown
away for smog non-compliance.

BTW, I have put the bosch on the Consul Capri (Kent motor) and the 65
Spit.  Nice thing about putting it on the Capri was the alternator came
with the properly fitting lower bracket from the Fiesta!  That was worth
more to me than the alt itself, as we were converting from a generator
with a completely different bracket.

--
Brian W. Neuschwander
Beach City Gas Station