Triumph Appreciation Day, San Diego

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumph Appreciation Day, San Diego
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 97 10:11:20 PDT
All,
        Yesterday (Sunday Sep 22) was Triumph Appreciation Day
on a beautiful Autumn San Diego day.  Hosted by the Triumph Sports
Car Club of San Diego, the Club provided food, drinks, tents and
good cheer by the bay at Crown Point.  TR2, TR3s, 2000, Spits, TR4/250/6s
Stag and a GT6 were in attendance.  We were even visited by a would-be Rocker
on a restored Triumph Bonneville .

        The morning dawned with a chill in the air.  As I stirred beneath
the bed covers, I asked Pam to check the thermometer.  I refreshing 67 degrees
at 7am.  I do feel sorry for our Eastern and far Northern cousins.  September
through December are the best months for a Triumph in So. Cal; the tourists
have gone home, the air is clear and the weather is ideal top-down motoring.

        I started "Rags" for the first time in 2 months, as it was undergoing a
complete dash and steering rennovation.  I could not have done the renovation
without the help of wonderful folk on this list.  Thank you all!

        I still have a "minor Joe Lucas glitch", nevertheless, I needed my
Triumph fix, so off we drove to play with the other Triumphisti at Crown Point.
Good food, great people, and wonderful cars!

        Even though we were quite sunburnt by mid-afternoon, we had to
go for a lengthy drive.  The afternoon was too warm for a drive eastward to the
mountains, so we hogged the coastline.  Perhaps not an ideal "drivers road",
but we were out enjoying the tunes played by that wonderful 6, the comfort
and the appreciation of other drivers and pedestrians alike.

        We arrived home in the early dusk, weary, sunburnt and happy.
"Triumph Summer" has arrived in So. Cal!

        Shane Ingate in San Diego