British Plates

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: British Plates
From: Chris Bullock <bullobc@vtxix.slg.eds.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 15:14:08 -0400
Afternoon from sunny Vermont (sure wasn't this weekend!),

An English fellow came by my car at the show this weekend, and was looking
at the British tags on my PI.  He pondered aloud for a moment, then said
'hmmm, a 1970 TR6' - and he hadn't looked at the show tag with the car's
info, so I asked him how he knew that.

My plate, BYK 9H, apparently indicates that YK is the region, and the H
designates Aug, 1970 through July, 1971 - how about that!  They're black in
the front and back as well - apparently didn't change to yellow in the rear
until after 1970.  Any of the UK listers add some more detail here for me?
 My heritage certificate says the car was dispatched to Guy Salmon Ltd in
Teddington, Middlesex in late July of 1970.

Regards,

Chris Bullock
Colchester, Vermont

1970 RHD TR6 PI  CP51686 O