Re: Replacing TR3 rod and main bearings

To: drew@pixar.com
Subject: Re: Replacing TR3 rod and main bearings
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 09:11:11 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>>>>> "EPaul21988" == EPaul21988  <EPaul21988@aol.com> writes:

    EPaul21988> Drew, You may already be on the right track,
    EPaul21988> but I would check the belt pulley on your
    EPaul21988> engine.  I had one fail and I was sure it was
    EPaul21988> bearings.  See if the pulley will wobble when
    EPaul21988> you loosen the fan belt. Mine would rock as
    EPaul21988> the engine turned with a loud knock each
    EPaul21988> turn..  Good Luck Bob Paul

I'll second this one.  I had a similar knock, and it turned
out that the DPO had installed some object that was not quite
a woodruf key in the water pump, causing the key to bust, the
hole to become eccentric, and the pulley to wobble.

                                                        -MM