Replacing TR3 rod and main bearings

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Replacing TR3 rod and main bearings
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 10:39:49 -0700
Hi Everyone,

Looks like it's time again to draw upon the vast knowledge of
the mailing list. I'm beginning to detect a knock when getting
on the gas even slightly when the car is hot. I think it's either
the rod and/or main bearings and I was hoping to replace them
with the motor still in the car. The oil pressure is about 45 lbs
at 3000 rpm and goes down to about 20 lbs at idle. I've also
heard a short series of knocks once when I started the car from
cold when I had the bonnet up and was using the button on the back
of the starter relay. The knocks went away once the oil pressure
built up some. Another thing I hear when I start the car is a
wierd metalic sound which sounds like someone intermittently
"flicking" the blades of a fan with their fingernail or something.
I've checked the obvious and nothing is hitting the fan.

Anyone think it could be something else? I'm also open to any
hints on what's the best way to handle this.

Drew

--
Drew Rogge
drew@pixar.com