RE: Dzus

To: ArthurK101@aol.com
Subject: RE: Dzus
From: "Cordes, Edwin G" <Edwin.Cordes@SW.Boeing.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 09:28:16 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
A little more trivia on Dzus fasteners

Do those of you with early TR's realize that your car contains parts
that are being used extensively on the International Space Station?
"Slightly" modified Dzus fasteners are used throughout the Space Station
for panel/rack closeouts.  These fasteners are durable and allow for
quick one-handed/ no tool required access (important in zero gravity).
Of course I'm sure that NASA pays about $200 for each one. I always
heard that Truimphs were ahead of their time! FWIW, in the aerospace
industry the are pronounced "Zeus"

Ed Cordes
Tr 250
International Space Station - Boeing
Flight Crew Support & Integration
Hardware Lead Engineer

"The shortest distance between two points is always under construction"
-Noelie Alito (former Houston driver)