Re: zs carb woes - solution

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: zs carb woes - solution
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 09:53:27 -0700
Peter Z. writes:
>It turns out that my problem is still with the linkage. The extra washer
>I added to the shouldered bolt on the bell crank lever is a little too
>thick. Double nutting the bolt only worked for a while and then the
>assembly was binding again
**********************************
Peter,
If you really want a smooth throttle response, then get rid of the linkage
and go with a cable operated system, unless you want to keep it stock.
This will solve all your problems - probably why they (BL) went this way
with later Spitfires.  The difference between my GT6 (linkage) and my
Spitfire (cable) is quite dramatic.

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )