Re: SB42 Sucks

To: <dstauffa@csc.com>
Subject: Re: SB42 Sucks
From: "John & Alecksi Graves" <alecks@mscomm.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 11:32:12 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
If you will take the time to check the fact that the 1974 had the same smog
equipment as the 1973 ie; no smog pump or air rail in the manifold, and was
designed in operate on leaded gasoline, you may see my point. Their smog
values are exactly the same. It's not a political matter as much as an
economical issue. The
Bureau of Automotive Repair ( yes, there is such a thing here) would lose
millions of $$$$$ in lost repair jobs if the 5 year hold was dropped from
the bill. And of course good old Gov. Wilson would lose all those votes if
the bill isn't signed.

Cheers,
John Graves
70 GT6+
PS: BTW both my LBCs have always passed smog with flying colors.