Re: SB42 Sucks

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: SB42 Sucks
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 11:22:54 -0700
John G. writes:
>I would like to know what the reasoning is for leaving 1974 cars excluded
>from this bill.
*****************************
John,
It was changed to 73 and earlier cars because it wouldn't get through or
passed.  What was wanted was a 30 year rolling exemption.  It would only
pass the house if it were a 30 year rolling exemption.  The original bill
was a 25 year rolling exemption. To compromise and get through, it would
start at 73 and earlier vehicles  until the year 2003 at which time it
would become a 30 year rolling exemption instead of a 25 year.  So your 74
would eventually become exempt.  Please still support the bill as it will
allow some of those cars to eventually become exempt that otherwise owners
might not even bother with.  Not because they wouldn’t pass, but for the
hassle of trying to get a car through that you may only drive occasionally.
 That's basically what I did with one of my cars.  It was too much a hassle
so I let the registration slide.  Remember the law would eventually help
you out, especially as you car ages, and it becomes increasingly harder to
get emission related parts.  So don't cut off your nose despite your face,
so-to- speak :-).

Barry Schwartz in San Diego, CA

Bschwartz@encad.com
72-V6/5sp Spitfire ( daily driver )
70 GT6+ ( when I don't drive the Spitfire )
70 (sorta) Spitfire ( project )
73  Ford Courier ( parts hauler )