Re: Race Spit Comm. Number

To: susan@grotecon.com
Subject: Re: Race Spit Comm. Number
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 23:36:35 +0200
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, odd.hedberg@bigfoot.com
Hello again Susan,
the stamping at the bottom of the Commission plate should read:
BS AU48 1965
meaning some sort of conformity with a British Standard system.
This stamping read the same all the way up to and including the
1500... They finally changed with the introduction of the VIN-
numbering system common to all BL cars in October 1979.

Having the suffix letter stamped alone somewhere far to the right
is quite common, actually. It looks as if it was affixed later on
the assembly line sometimes...

The Trim 11 means the car was fitted with a black (=11) interior
in the standard vinyl material. If it had been H11, then things
would have been getting interesting... The prefix H stands for
leather upholstery...

--
Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4