Re: UK Road Tax<199709232129.WAA22964@hermes.clara.net>

To: isaune <isaune@clara.net>
Subject: Re: UK Road Tax<199709232129.WAA22964@hermes.clara.net>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 09:16:56 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
>My TR6 was registered on 1/2/73 and the Post Office seem to be saying it
>won't become exempt for Road Tax until 31/12/98. My current tax disc will
>expire on 28/2/98 and I don't think I should have to renew it as, at that
>date, it will be 25 years and 1 month old.

>No-one (not the Register, not the Post Office) seem to be sure of the facts
>and the DVLC are not proving very helpful.

>Has anyone else come across this problem and could possibly offer me
>some advice, please?

I'm not too informed on this matter either, but from what I can remember
hearing when the new law started, the car becomes exempt 25 years from the
'end' of the year it was made(I think!!).  In which case, if your car was made
in late '72 then you may not have to tax it after the end of '97!!!  Perhaps
someone else knows better!  Try getting in touch with the BMIHT.

Cheers

Rich