Important LBC Tip

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Important LBC Tip
From: schuyler grace <schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 23:53:28 -0700
FYI, if your LBC suddenly stops running, check the hollow metal
container behind the seats.  Apparently, it must have something more
than air in it for the engine to operate, even if the fuel gauge shows
the car is 3/4 full of gasoline (where ever that stuff is kept).  This
container must be some kind of pressure regulator, or whatever, for the
MGSD (mysterious gas storage device), because adding a couple of gallons
of gas to it forced fuel through the system and up to the carburetor.

If Mr. Streeter (Ken) would like, I would be more than happy to write up
this handy troubleshooting tip for the VTR Maintenance page (BTW,
thanks, Ken, for the kind remarks about my dash article...and don't
worry, I can't spell Skyler, either).  I just discovered this problem
tonight while driving home, so I'm pretty sure I'm the only person to
have run across and successfully addressed it.

As always, listers who wish to benefit from my vast store of LBC
knowledge need only e-mail, and I'll be more than happy to resolve even
the most technical and difficult of problems.

=8^P

-Schuyler

--
Schuyler E. Grace
'73 Spitfire 1500 - FM1183U - 3/4 full of fuel + 2 gal. in the "reserve