TR3 Overdrive and flooding

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3 Overdrive and flooding
From: "Perry T. Hammock" <phammock@ivy.tec.in.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 09:51:42 -0500
1)  Has anyone tried to tie an indicator light to the overdrive switch (mine
has the early push pull switch)?  I'm having so much fun when driving -
grinning like a fool, waving to the masses, picking bugs off my teeth - that I
don't mind the overdrive as I should.  Thought I would put a green TR indicator
light right between the tach and speedo.  I regularly look at one or the other.
2)  I am experiencing some sort of raw fuel thing after I shut the car off.
Runs pretty well (performed my first SU tune-up last weekend, got it almost
right!). After sitting, you can smell a garage full of unburned gas.  Seems to
be strongest in the passenger footwell, guess its from the carbs.  DPO has
routed overflows through tubing to under the chassis - I replaced with a set of
original tubes up to the air cleaners (not stock) like stock.  Is there
supposed to be something in these tubes?  The were filled with gunk when given
to me - so I cleaned them out - may be my problem.  I also get flooding when
turning hard right, but not left.  The floats appear to be set lower than
recommended by the manual (1/2" instead of 7/16) which should make it harder to
flood when turning, yes?
3)  TIA for the advice. Pray for a loonng fall!
Perry Hammock
TS 65000 something O stinking up the joint!