TR3 Overdrive and flooding

To: "Perry T. Hammock" <phammock@ivy.tec.in.us>
Subject: TR3 Overdrive and flooding
From: "\"Mr. Mike\" Passaretti" <passaretti@sol.med.ge.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 10:16:01 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

    Perry> 1) Has anyone tried to tie an indicator light to
    Perry> the overdrive switch = (mine has the early push
    Perry> pull switch)?  I'm having so much fun when =
    Perry> driving - grinning like a fool, waving to the
    Perry> masses, picking bugs off = my teeth - that I don't
    Perry> mind the overdrive as I should.  Thought I would =
    Perry> put a green TR indicator light right between the
    Perry> tach and speedo.  I = regularly look at one or the
    Perry> other.

I've been toying with old speedos and tachs, and I think I've
gotten to the point I feel confident that I can put a
main-beam type indicator like on the speedo (does the 3
have this?) on the tach.  I'm trying to figure out how to fab
the plastic insert in a diferent colour than blue (amber is
my current plan).  Some xfer letters saying Over * Drive with
the light in the "*" place and it'll look appropriate.  When
I get the whole thing sorted out, I'll send the info along to
the maintainer of things so anyone else with as much free
time as I have (hah!) can play with it.
                                                        -MM