CREATING LEGENDS!

To: Larry Schilling <lchillin@siu.edu>
Subject: CREATING LEGENDS!
From: "Brian W. Neuschwander" <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 10:33:26 -0700
Cc: TRIUMPHS@Autox.Team.Net
More often then not I drive one of the Spitfires to work in Santa Cruz.
Never is there a day when I do not get several comments from customers.
Mostly they are over 35 have stories about owning one, riding in one, or
knowing a close friend or family member that had one.

No, the legend is not dying, only the reality of the experience.  That
is what CREATES legends!  All those faded altered memories of people old
enough to know, and wise enough to keep remembering.  And so what if all
these young MTV kids neither know nor care.  Let them drive Jettas!

My 65 Spitfire has a special bumper sticker just for them.  It says:

    GOD CREATED POT
     SO THE YOUTH
COULD NEVER RULE THE WORLD

They will never appreciate a good Triumph either.
--
Brian W. Neuschwander
Beach City Gas Station