RX-7 conversion

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (The Collective Wisdoms)
Subject: RX-7 conversion
From: CAMHI ALAN <camhi@symbol.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 97 10:08:54 -0400
Hello all,

I had an 87 RX-7 factory turbo version of this car.  What a screamer.
I can absolutely confirm that it can be taken to very high RPMs with no
damage and is an extremely reliable engine.  Plus there are so many
around, parts are quite easy to find.

If you are deciding to exchange piston for rotary, Look into a turbo
version(they are hard to find but well worth the search).  The boost you
get going from 3-6000 RPMs is incredible.  There is some lag but when it
kicks in...hold on.   Plus the whine the turbine makes is really cool.

Just fashion a hood scoop for the air intake and you are set to go.

Just my two cents.  I think it would be kind of cool(even though it
detracts from the charm of the original car).

Cheers,

Alan Camhi
'65 TR4