Re: Flashin' Lights, Radar, & the Autobahn

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Flashin' Lights, Radar, & the Autobahn
From: dresden@star.net
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 00:30:23 -0500
 mere 220 kmh and suddenly coming up on a rubbernecker who just happens to
>be stopped in the left lane to admire a new strain of purple japanese
>beetle (when the sign clearly states min speed 80kmh)the sign clearly
>doesn't pertain to the rubbernecker but a speed limit helps to keep us at a
>safe speed  allowing us enough time to stop. Thus keeping the skilled
>drivers from becoming part of the "dumb ones statistics.

Yes, minimum speed laws are a good thing, but what if that guy in the left
lane had been stopped there by a major mechanical or an accident? I think
the lesson is not to outdrive your vision (or if he was visible, to look
far enough ahead!). I would submit that if you plowed into him it might be
his fault, and he might be stupid, but you would be equally stupid, and
both he and you would be part of the "dumb ones statistics".

Nevin