Re: spit engine swap?

To: lewis mckillop <lsmc@lightspeed.net>
Subject: Re: spit engine swap?
From: Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 00:12:49 -0500
Cc: spit <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

lewis mckillop wrote:

>     I have a 63 spit in the middle of a restoration (daily
> driver/weekend toy type of restoration). Before i start changing
> engines
> out and trimming a few things for clearance i thought i should find
> out
> just how rare/valuable a 63 spit is (restored back to original). I
> haven't heard many mentioned here yet. I would hate to ruin an
> expensive
> resto project just because i like alot of power under the hood.
>
>     thanks again
> Lewis McKillop-63 spit in restoration

Lewis,
My personal opinion is leave it as stock as you can.  But if you want
the extra power use a 1300 cc engine, and not the 1500.  The value will
not be decreased as much as you think.  I just happen to like my 1147
and it will run faster than the legal speed limit.  I used to drive
between Kansas City and Houston in mine(about 1650 miles round trip)
every two weeks back in the early 80's.  Did this for about 4 months.
Never had a complaint about the power, except when the big rigs decide
to pass you at night at a 3 digit speed.

Larry Zink
1964 Spitfire4
Houston
--------------634E5D13A492B99E4782A247