TR6 door spring

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 door spring
From: Lex Garey <LGarey@mail.dot.state.nc.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 17:19:11 -0400
I'm working on my TR6 doors (still), and there's a little part which I need
and can't find anywhere.  At the end of the "remote control assembly"
(the flat metal bar that runs most of the length of the door)  for the inside
door release there is a short spring about 1" in diameter where the bar
joins the rest of the latch assembly.  One of mine is gone.  Does anyone
know where I can get a replacement or substitute?  The outside key lock
doesn't work well, or at all, without it.  They are not available from Moss,
TRF, etc.
Thanks    -     Lex Garey, Shelby, NC    '74 TR6