Re: battery drainage

To: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@octonline.com>
Subject: Re: battery drainage
From: Lenny Seidman <lseidman@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 16:24:02 -0500
Cc: libertyc <libertyc@erols.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Vic Whitmore wrote:

> libertyc wrote:
> >
> > Hello group  - I'm about to diagnose a severe battery drain problem and
> > want to make sure that I am approaching it correctly.  If I attach an ohm
> > meter in series between the + battery post and the + cable, I should see
> > no reading (with car and accessories off). I do.  So, I am going to use
> > the wiring diagram and disconnect circuits one at a time until I see no
> > flow.  Then I will try to narrow it down until I find the culprit. Is
> > this the correct method??
> >
> > Carl Huppert
> Seems like your approach will work. I would first remove the fuses one
> at a time. This would lead you to the group of circuits. Then work each
> wire one at a time.

I had a similar problem like this with another make car and the culprit
was a trunk light that would not go off when the trunk lid was closed,
because of a bad switch. Since the light was on inside the trunk one
couldn't see the problem. Just a sugestion but it has happened to me
more than once. I didn't see the beginning of this thread so I'm not
sure if the car in question would have a trunk (boot) light.

Good luck
--
Lenny Seidman
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, USA