Re: battery

To: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Subject: Re: battery
From: joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph R Schneider)
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 21:19:10 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
(snip)
>How can I check to see where the leak is?
(snip)
if the short is enough to drain the battery in 2-3 days, a test light will
probably glow if you disconnect the positive cable and put the test light
between the cable end and the battery post-
if this works, start by pulling fuses and see if the drain stops- if so,
the short is in that circuit, and then start disconnecting components
(heater motor, wiper motor, radio, etc.) until the glow goes away, thus
implicating said component or its wiring as a co-conspirator, and you're on
your way to finding the demon
best wishes
Joe

Joseph R Schneider    Web Page http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~jschneid/JRS.HTML
76 Spitfire 1500  FM45587UC  VTR #11526  *Spit happens*
"I'll take him to the Jesuits for they know the sins of the Pope himself."
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt page 129 (my daughter attends a Jesuit High
School)