Re: TR3A hood webbing and trim adhesive

To: drew@pixar.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3A hood webbing and trim adhesive
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 22:41:57 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-29 22:13:59 EDT, drew@pixar.com writes:

<< Hi everyone,

 I'm going to replace the webbing on the hood sticks of my '58 TR3
 and was wondering what the correct distance between the attaching
 screw/LTD stud and the rear most stick should be. The current webbing
 is some stretchy vinyl stuff and is all out of wack. I figure that
 I can just open the middle and front stick to their stops and use
 that for the correct measurment for them.

I would fit the top bows to the top.  I have never seen any measurements, but
if you put the top on the car and put the bows up you will see that there are
pleats on the top to accept the bow.  If you set the bow to fit the pleats on
the top you will be in good shape.   You are correct this  depends only on
the distance  of the rearmost stick.  If too far foreward the bow sill rest
below the top, if too far back the top will not fit over the bow....
Bob Paul