Re: spit engine swap?<05490518704078@onaustralia.com.au>

To: Bill and Sal Birney <birneybs@onaustralia.com.au>
Subject: Re: spit engine swap?<05490518704078@onaustralia.com.au>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 10:34:50 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
>Lewis et al,

>I would back up Ross, Peter, Barry and others.

>We have a 67 mkII, which 'looks' standard. However it actually runs a 1147
>bored to 1296, modified head, extractors (standard on the mkii anyway), cam
>and the only outward sign is the side draught Delorto on the side of the
>motor!

>This car will really give people a surprise, although it is at the limit of
>development for this direction. Leon's solution of the 8 port head is nice,
>original and rare!, however the standard motor (6 port) is, to quote a
>local engine builder of high repute, just made for supercharging!

While we're on the subject of engine mod's, I was talking to John Kipping the
other day, and he pointed to his Herald in the car park, this has a(Now I think
I have this right) 1500 block and crank, the crank has been reground offset to
accept Mk3 Spit 1300 Conrods and bearings, it is fitted with 2.5 flat top
pistons and is 1660 cc, apparently there is NO lack of torque!!! :-)

Cheerio

Rich