Is there a "Dash Support" on a 72 Spit? -Reply

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, jw@mail09.mitre.org
Subject: Is there a "Dash Support" on a 72 Spit? -Reply
From: Martin Wilson <martinw@fmc.gov>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 08:50:31 -0400
I have a black vinyl padded radio holder which bolts to the frame on
either side of the trans and has two holes at the top which attaches
under the dash out of a 76 spitfire.  if anyone knows if this will work for
you, we can work on getting it to you.  it also has the black metal plate
which holds the radio

marty
78 spit

>>> Joe Whalley <jw@mail09.mitre.org> 09/30/97 08:01am >>>
Hi - My 72 Spitfire MK4, commision #FK35231, seems to be missing a
piece of the
dash that goes between the transmission tunnel and the bottom of the
dash. It
has a cutout for the radio. My VB and TRF catalogs show it, but don't list
part
numbers for it. The car has a wooden 3 piece dash, which someone told
me was
from a '74 or later car. Is there a source for this panel, and will it fit in a
72 that originally had a metal dash?

Thanks,
Joe