FOR SALE: 1978 Spitfire

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: FOR SALE: 1978 Spitfire
From: tamborra@ncac.gwu.edu (Nick Tamborra)
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 11:11:58 -0400
Hello everyone,
        I am going to put my Spitfire up for sale and there would no better
place to find a caring home for it then this list.
        It is a 1978 Spitfire in overall good condition.  I purchased the car
in 1991 and spent several years restoring it with my father.  The following
year I started college, so the car ran only during the summers.  This past year
it sat out with only short runs to keep it from gathering to much dust.  The
car is located in southeastern Connecticut at my parents house, but I am in
Northern Virginia.  If any one is interested in viewing it, my father is
familiar with the car and will let you poke around and drive it.

Specs:
new red-orange paint(I believe it was called Vermillion) w/black interior
1980 engine (mileage is unknown, but it was purchased in 1984 by the orig
owner)
new suspension all around (except for leaf spring)
most of the subcomponents have been rebuilt or are new.
body has no rust, has a couple little door dings, frame has only light surface
rust in some spots.
new exhaust man and pipes
weber carb.
steel hardtop(needs to be finished)
Interior is pretty good, new carpet and dash cover, the wood is good(heh heh)

Needs:
Seat covers
Soft top(original was repaired, but is starting to tear around zipper for rear
window)
Steel hardtop is gutted, needs new liner and paint.

This spit will not win any shows, but it will always make it to them.  It looks
very good and runs very reliably.  The past three years only involved routine
maintenance.  The parts that are new or rebuilt have a few years under their
belts, but very little mileage of actual wear.  I guess this would be
considered an older restoration, but it works.  I am asking $2800 for the car.

If interested please respond by email or call me in N-VA at work (703)729-8366.
Thanks,
Nick Tamborra