Wire wheels/ TR4A grille

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wire wheels/ TR4A grille
From: Jim Faulkner <jrf@lanl.gov>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 09:52:00 -0600
This is my first attempt at posting here, so if I screw up....
(Actually this is #2, I think I initially used the wrong address, so please
excuse me if both actually appear)

1) There is a very detailed "how to" article on truing wire wheels, in the
Tech area of the MG section of SOL.

2) I need to refurbish a TR4A grille, and have several questions:

Is it plated or polished?

If polished, does anyone have any suggestions about polishing aluminum?

On the 4A, what parts, (if any) were painted flat black? I know the 5/250
painted different (more?) areas, like the "tops" of the horizontal bars,
but I don't think the 4a was like this.

Thanks.

Jim Faulkner
Los Alamos, NM