Frame prep...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Frame prep...
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 15:10:29 EST
Now that I have a TR4A to drive, I'm getting back started on my MKIV
Spit... I'm about to separate the body and frame I'd love to hear
opinions on frame prep. Whos' used the "dip-strip" or redi-strip
method? $$? I've heard of people hot tanking and GALVANIZEING their
frames for reliability. I'm starting with a really perfect '79 frame
for an autox or "Spit 6" project. What about sand blasting? This is
going to be more of a "hot rod" than a "concours" so I'm not planning
on matching the frame and body colors. Anyone ever powdercoat a
frame? Has anyone been crazy enough to chrome their frame? (Dull
chrome might be cool... can you tell I work on bikes?)
Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate
Princeton University Press
Tel:609 258 4900