TR6 speedo cable

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 speedo cable
From: esp@hypermax.net.au (O'Beirne, Terry)
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 18:58:01 +1000
Several people have written about TR6 speedo cables.

The attachment at the gearbox end was common to most models, TR2-6.
Some of
the later cars with the J type o/d used a clip on plate which adapted
the "normal" speedo fitting to the same as the early car. basically this
was a brass or aluminium threaded adaptor. Even from new, some of these
came with the angle drive and some without. Many of these are now
missing resulting in a Triumph Stag/Dolomite type cable being fitted.

All Triumph cables are relatively standard amongst Brit cars.

The Speedo end fitting is different however. There are 2 thread sizes.
If the owner(s) gives me the speedo thread size, g'box end details, I
can provide correct part numbers, Unipart, SpeedoGraph , QH etc.

Terry O'Beirne Australia