re:TR6 Headlight switch

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re:TR6 Headlight switch
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 10:18:09 -0600
Comments: ( Received on motgate.mot.com from client pobox.mot.com, sender Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com )

Deano Wrote:
>>WARNING.

>>These switches are for the originality fanatic only! For anyone owning an
>>everyday driver they are a bad bet at best. The clear hooter headlight
>>switch was known far and wide as one of the worsts piece of electrical
>>garbage ever produced. The failure rate within the first two years of use
>>was almost 100% Even the worst of Lucas looked good by comparison! And
>>at  $50.00? Not on a bet.

Also don't forget this, the Clear Hooters switch was involved in a recall
back in the 70's ( I still have my official letter) and was replaced by a
Lucas switch. It might be ok for a trailer queen or yard car (is there a
difference?)
but never on a curve eating, road going, rubber burning, REAL TRIUMPH!
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L
71 Spitfire MKIV FK9365L
Austin, TX