Re: Electronic Tach

To: curry@wolfenet.com
Subject: Re: Electronic Tach
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 18:26:10 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-11-05 12:29:13 EST, curry@wolfenet.com writes:

> As long as everybody is correcting you, I might as well get on the band
>  wagon.  Expand your list to include a couple more Mechanical tachs
>  (yeah, I know you are talking about electronic ones).  THey are the ones
>  driven off the distributor, and some that were driven off a gear
>  sticking out the back of the generator (dynamo).  I'm sure thate are
>  munerous others as well.

Hmmm! Mechanical tach? What an odd concept - I didn't know this could be done
without some form of electricity involved! Gosh, how in the heck would you
wire something like that?

Actually, that was one of the bigger problems involved in the TR6/Ford 302
conversion, trying to come up with a replacement tach for the mechanical
stock tach. I wound up having to replace all the instruments so I could have
matching gauges and still have a functioning, electrical tach.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74