RE: Electronic Tach

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Electronic Tach
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 07:39:36 GMT
On 5 Nov 1997, Chris Prugh wrote:

> There are at least two type of tachometers used in British cars. One, the
> "series type," was used in earlier MGBs, and maybe some other makes

The series type connection is the traditional Smiths system. It is used on
Triumphs too, the 2.5 PI for one. It would surprise me if other Triumphs
of the same vintage (70-74) would use a different system, especially since
the size and appearance of the instrument is the same AFAIK.

Egil
--
Email: egil@kvaleberg.no Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway