Re: More Dirty Engine Flushing

To: gwebb@northeastern.k12.in.us
Subject: Re: More Dirty Engine Flushing
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 10:55:09 -0500 (EST)
Cc: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil, stu.jo@ibm.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-11-06 15:26:03 EST, gwebb@northeastern.k12.in.us
writes:

> Not only has oil changed a lot, but so have engine tolerances, operating
>  temperatures, oil pressures, etc.

Greg:

Yes, this is true for engines in general, but not for the engines we are
concerned about. The engines in our Triumphs are 1940's and 1950's
technology. The TR6 engine, for example, was first produced in 1959, and the
TR2 engines were first used in the 1940s. For us, the only thing that has
changed is the oil. Has it changed enough to no longer be a problem?

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74