Re: TR2/3 How Many are left/REPORT

To: EPaul21988@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR2/3 How Many are left/REPORT
From: George Richardson <gprtech@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 11:07:36 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
EPaul21988@aol.com wrote:

> List
> TR Action arrived here today and in it Mr. Piggott , TR 2/3 registrar,
> reports the number of cars they have in the Triumph Register. It's really a
> rather dismal count, but Piggott states in the report that he is certain that
> the true number of cars owned by the 7389  members  of the Triumph Register
> is perhaps as much as 50% higher than reported.
>
> TR2  - 287
> TR3 - 215
> TR3A - 584
> TR3B - 24
>
> TR4 - 526
> TR4A - 667
> Dove  10
>
> TR 5  330
> TR 250  59
>
> TR 6 - 2362
>
> TR7  1122
> TR 8  52
>
> Italia  8
> Doretti  14
> Peerless  24
> Warwick  1
>
> Total 6285 TR's registered

Bob, is this for Britain, USA or all? I know that I'm not a member of
the TR, either US or GB, and many others aren't either.

Even 50% higher wouldn't approach the number of TR2/3/3A cars that I'm
sure still exist in the USA.

If I owned one of the 215 TR3 cars still in existence, it would be worth
much more than what it is now.
--
George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559L