Re: TR2/3 How Many are left/REPORT

To: rob sargent <trekkie@gte.net>
Subject: Re: TR2/3 How Many are left/REPORT
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 11:58:12 -0500
Cc: Zink <zink@pdq.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Rob Sargent wrote:
> can anyone tell me why there are no spitfire 1500 in this list

To answer some of the above questions:

  The club referred to is the "TR Register" which is a UK club.
They do have a few members from around the world, but are primarily
a UK club, with all their events in the UK.  This is a separate
club from "The Vintage Triumph Register" (VTR) which is a North
American club, even though VTR also has a few members from around
the world.

  The reason that Spitfires aren't listed is that the TR Register
is a club for only the TR2 - TR8 series and their derivatives -
Italia, Swallow Doretti, Peerless, Warwick.   This is in contrast
to the Vintage Triumph Register, which, now admits all Triumph
owners -- indeed, one doesn't even need to own a Triumph to become
a member.

  More info about each club is available at their respective
WWW sites:

   TR Register:  http://www.pandora.co.uk/clients/tr/
   VTR:          http://www.vtr.org

--ken