sports 6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: sports 6
From: Tom Beaver <beaver@spillmanco.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 12:29:33 EST
> Everyone,
>
>My wife and friends are trying to convience me to take on a ground up on a
>63' Sport 6 (her car).  I am not planning to begin this project until I
>finish my Spitfire.  The car was given to me but that is not to impressive.
>The bonnet and chassis look good but I can say that for the rest of the car.
>I am the second owner of the automobile and I would hate to see another
>Triumph die.  My records indicate that only 679 Sport 6 were ever made.  Is
>anyone on this list own one?  Should I try to attemp to restore or strip?
>If I restore I will need new doors, back half of a tub and trunk lid (plus
>all new interior, top and plenty of outher stuff).
>
>Forrest W. Bridges
>Forrest,
I have two of these Sports 6's. I believe that the 679 figure refers to the
imported number to US. So, they are fairly rare here in the states. I
believe total production for the Vitesse was over 40,000. I also have two
Herald parts cars which could come in handy for your other needs should you
decide to restore. If you do, there are several vendors in the UK which will
help. Sorry, I don't have phoe numbers at the present time.

Tom Beaver
Indianapolis, In
64,63 Sports 6
Heralds galore