No Hangups (Exhaust)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: No Hangups (Exhaust)
From: Mike Mason <mmason@lindenwood.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 14:17:55 -0600 (CST)
While you all are under your TR6's looking to see if your kidneys or
brake systems have been harvested ;-) would you look at your exhaust
system, assuming that they didn't take that too, and tell me how it's
hooked on?

The PO had a Monza system screwed to the bottom of various and asundry
things.  I just ordered a stainless, sport system from MOSS that came
with a diagram that tells me nothing.  It looks like there should be a
bracket about half-way back on the transmission, although there does not
seem to be anywhere on the tranny to hook it.  Does that one just get
screwed to the floor panel?  Sounds like it would make a terrible noise.

I finally figured out that maybe some of the u-clamps in the middle may
be hooked to something to support the long runs.  I guess that is what
the little L-brackets are for.

At the very back of the system, the brackets align with the back valance,
or at least they seem to.  What in the heck are they hooked to?  I'm not
going to drill holes in the valance!

Any help would be greatly appreciated...by the way, I hate exhaust
systems!  But anaything will be better than sucking gas like I was with
the old system.  :-)

Michael, St. Louis or thereabouts