Re: Spitfire radiator hose again

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Brian Harper <brian@ati.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire radiator hose again
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 09:07:44 -0800
Brian,
  The lower rad hose on my Spit ('63 - different motor mounts, I
believe), is bascially a 45 degree bend, a short straight section (3 to
6") and then another 45 degree bend.  The motor mount clears the hose by
about an inch or so in the area between the two 45 bends.  I would check
to see that if you've got excess oil in the area, that your motor mounts
aren't rotted and sagging too, causing the hose to chaffe.  I wouold
reccommend a new gasket for the timing cover.  Just take your time one
the timing cover, and you'll do fine.  Best of luck...

Peter *no nuts* Ficklin
'63 & '68 Spits