Re: Spitfire radiator hose again

To: Brian Harper <brian@ati.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire radiator hose again
From: "Atwell (Buff) Haines" <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 09:07:28
At 08:47 AM 11/14/97 -0800, Brian Harper wrote:

>       The bulge in the lower radiator hose finally got me worried enough that
>thought I'd replace it. This hose has a piece of rubber something
>electrical taped to it so that it won't abrade against the motor mount. My
>parts Spit doesn't have anything to protect this hose; it just has a big
>scrape out of the side of the hose where the motormount has worn 98% of the
>way through. Is there a proper way to mount this hose to aviod this? Do I
>have the wrong shaped hose?

Brian,

When I replaced my hoses (obtained from Moss), the hose you mentioned DID
contact the motor mount.  No amount of finagling or repositioning could
eliminate that contact.

I installed a large cable tie (about 3/4'' wide) on the hose.  Now the
cable tie will chafe, not the hose.

Atwell (Buff) Haines
'79 Spitfire FM 96062

Succasunna, NJ USA