Re: Corvettes [was: your mail]

To: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate), triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Corvettes [was: your mail]
From: "Douglas Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 14:49:29 -0500 "Corvettes [was: your mail]" (Nov 19, 11:30am)
> Subject: Corvettes [was: your mail]
[Corvette stuff snipped]
> One final note.  I read in the paper that Larry Shinoda died yesterday.
> Larry was one of the main designers for the Corvette in the 60s.
> Those were the days when MEN designed cars, not computers or marketing
> people.
>
>       Shane Ingate, novice historian in San Diego
>-- End of excerpt from Shane F. Ingate

Shane,

I hadn't seen the obit in the Detroit papers, but I just did a search
of the Detroit Free Press. Larry actually passed away on Thursday,
November 13.

He was a great designer, working for both GM and Ford at various times.

His Obit can be read at:

http://www.freep.com/news/obituaries/qlarry15.htm

Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ford.com